Closer to home

my journey back to france after 12 years in the US

Sunday, December 28, 2008

My little buddha

So what's new in Lily's world?...

She's trying on new sounds, not exactly the soothing kind though. Most are really high pitch...ahhhh...those will clear out your ears in no time.

She likes to seat to play, she will eventually fall on one side and start screaming for one of us to come, but she'll have fun there for a while. And she's a lot more into hard plastic toys. I think it's partly because her gums are starting to hurt.

She likes her thumb, the left one only, but not all the time. She'll take it up when her gums are hurting (i imagine) and every time i put her in bed for the afternoon nap or the night. It's super cute to see her sucking on that thumb. She doesn't seem to care for the pacifier anymore - i guess one "bad" habit is taking the place of the other.

She's still on the chunky side with big cheeks and many little folds of fat. When seating naked on her changing table she looks like a little buddha statue:)

I love when she smiles at me, especially during feeding time. She will raise her head up to look at me from time to time...those are the most amazing of smiles. I also love when she laughs when i raise her high up in the air or when i make a big loud kiss on her belly during massage time OR when she's trying to touch my face or pull on my hair when i have my head close to her little body. And of course when i pick her up in her bed in the morning, she's SO happy to see me. She also makes these "geeegeee" or "ssshhhh" sounds with her tongue sticking out, those are so sweet sounding and usually happen when i look at her and tell her i love her - she will look back at me intensely and make one of these sounds while smiling - it's like she tells me she loves me back:)

I hate when she screams - which is pretty often i have to admit. She's definitely on the difficult or demanding side. We think that's because she's more sensitive or smart than others- but of course we have to think that:) And when she doesn't really cry but she's making this really annoying sound like something's bothering her, like she's in discomfort, but no tears are coming out - she's mainly just bored or wants one of us to come take care of her. She gets bored pretty quickly our little girly which keeps things interesting at home.

She reached for me the other day which made my heart melt: Lucian was holding her and when she saw me approaching she held up both arms in my direction. That was amazing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home