Closer to home

my journey back to france after 12 years in the US

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sweet Charlotte


Charlotte is SO sweet! she basically just wants to be held...holding her will pretty much stop any of her cries. I'm really enjoying snuggling with her, having her on my chest, she's so tiny and sweet, it's amazing. I'm able to enjoy her more than I did Lily at this stage. I think that's because i'm less stressed out about everything this time around but I also think it's because I understand this is a stage and she is going to become a little girl much like her sister. The first time with Lily I just had a hard time with the infant stage, not understanding it was going to pass like all the other stages and so i wasn't able to enjoy it as much. Thanks Lily for the learning!...

We're spending a lot of time inside, snuggling in bed given the weather and the snow outside. I try to nap in the afternoons since I don't sleep a lot at night -- nights are still tough. We're doing better since we have her sleep in her own bed/seat than initially when she was in bed with us but still, some nights it feels like I'm awake several hours in a row...I can't wait until we get to a 4 hour stretch of sleep, we're still at 3 hours...It's especially tough right now given I managed to give Charlotte this nasty cold I got last week! I'm feeling better but she now has a stuffy nose! poor little baby, I feel so bad! thank god for this "nose blower" apparatus I had bought in France for Lily -- it's a little yacky when you think of it given I'm basically sucking the mucus from her nose but it's working very well so at least I'm able to keep her nose fairly clean which helps. I didn't call the doctor because I know there's pretty much nothing else to do for a little baby like her. She can't take any medicine. Let's just hope she gets over it quickly.

Nursing is going well and I'm enjoying it a great deal as i did for Lily. It's so wonderful having her snuggled up to my body, feeling her heart beat, seeing her little satisfied grin when she's done. I love it when she's full and she drops the nipple forcefully, and rests her head on my chest. She's very strong and is able to raise her head fairly high. She just seems so content. It's wonderful to watch! I'm not sure how much she weighs now as she haven't checked. Our next doc appointment isn't until Jan 31 and i haven't felt compelled to check myself. I think eating is going well as she seems to be growing and is pooping and peeing several times a day. She looks to me like she's tall/long for her age but I don't know really. We'll have to check with the doctor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home