Closer to home

my journey back to france after 12 years in the US

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy Lily


I feel that Lily's changed quite a bit in the last month. She's 6 months and 3 weeks and she's a lot happier. She laughs and smiles a lot while she mainly used to cry before. I'm enjoying her a lot more now - not that i didn't before but she's so much more fun and i'm growing to be SO fond of her, it's really incredible. I would pretty much kiss her all day if i could and i'm worried she's going to develop a huge ego given how often i tell her how amazing and beautiful she is!!:)


  • We went to the swimming pool yesterday and Lily had her first "swim". We live nearby a great swimming pool which has a program for little children every Saturday morning. Amazingly she did not cry at all, she actually smiled and seemed to enjoy herself quite a bit. I was holding her up as the swimming instructor showed me - And she glidded in the water with me and then started to move her legs...i was almost in tears, it was sooo sweet!

  • She likes to babble a lot. Her favorite things to do say are "dadda" and "diddi"...we're trying to encourage her so get to "daddy" but it's not quite there yet. No "mummy" in sight which i know is normal. She also loves these "pppsssshhh" sounds.

  • She can also scream out super loud in a tarzan like fashion. I'm much less fan of those screams though:)

  • She loves to sit and play with anything that makes noise. One of her favorite toys is a "piano" like keyboard which lights up and makes all kinds of noises when she bangs up on it.

  • But her favorite thing is by far being held up so she can stand and then she wants to be bounced up and down in the air. It looks as if she's dancing or doing squats...she can't get enough of that!

  • She laughs out loud when she sees me rubbing my hands with oil or soap in front of her (i have no idea why) or when i kiss her naked little belly

  • She loves to grab everything on me or my face: my hair of course but also my nose, my mouth, cheeks, anything she can get a hold off and then proceeds to smother everything with saliva. Of course i don't mind at all:)

  • She's adopted bottle milk for half of her meals. Took a little convincing but we managed. She's also started mashed fruits but that's still work in progress...that meal itself takes more time than the other 3 daily meals combined and it's a huge mess where half of the food ends up around her mouth, on the napkin, her outfit or on her hands which she tries to put in the bowl every chance she gets...a lot of fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home